Monday, August 25, 2008

August HART - beats

* It is my opinion that the only rational reason for any Clinton supporter to offer their vote to McCain is because they, Clinton and McCain, both support an aggressive "Endless War - Hawkish" foreign policy... It can't be because of similarities in their health care access, reproductive rights, tax, or energy plans... So if not because of foreign policy ... why else support a conservative now spouting neo-con views... I'm just asking.

* I think John McCain was once ready to lead... I think it was 1973... and in some other country.

* We may agree with most of his premise, the need for alternative energies and to decrease our dependence on oil, but aren't you a little leery of this T.Boone Pickens guy? "I'm an oil man..trust me"... Sure

* From the Miller Analogies --- McCain is to Maverick as Bush is to genius

* Did you know that Senator Obama's tax proposals would cut middle class taxes 8 to 10 times more than the Bush tax cuts?... And his proposal would return the corporate tax rate to Clinton era levels?...The most prosperous period for business in the past half century... Sounds reasonable to me.

* The Wall Street Journal last week characterized tax cuts for the poor and middle class as nothing more than "welfare" ... Does this give you some clue as to the level of disdain "they" hold for us...Me and You!

* McCain claims to be a Maverick...I see him more as an Edsel (Ford Joke...Not Gerald)

* I just watched Chris Matthews interview one of these PUMA types (Party Unity My Ass) standing on line at the Democratic convention... Her reason for not supporting Obama..."He went to a Muslim school in Indonesia"... When asked about her source for this info she became belligerent... When pressed further she waffled from "it's a secret"...to " its from a congressional report"...to "its from a former congressional staffer". If true I am wondering on whose staff the author of this report might have worked on? Tom Delay? By the way, are these folks just paranoid about Muslims? How does one even approach this? Do they think he is in a terrorist sleeper cell? FDR was right. Fear is the ultimate threat. Try a little Haldol lady.

* Who will benefit from off shore drilling? I guess you follow the money. Rumor has it our local Republican congressman, a big supporter for drilling off of South Carolina's coast, owns quite a bit of land right where a proposed support/refinery site for this drilling initiative would be placed. Coincidence I suppose.

* Finally I have to say, sadly ... The New York Yankees are ruining my Summer!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so tired of the Muslim paranoia.

I will start telling people that I do not support Mcain because he is a Christian, and well, the Neo-Nazis who live up in the hills of places like Iowa all claim to LOVE them some Jesus Christ.

I'd be manhandled and killed on sight. But not for being totally ignorant and stupid.

Fear is what has driven all the hate and struggle of power in modern times. Fear of loss, fear of the unknown and fear that we truly do not have control of anyone else but ourselves.

Mariann

Anonymous said...

tyuutkgfltoeixmxpqrj, justin bieber baby, mauvzzj.